Skin Cancer Screening/Mole Clinic Nurse
Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester and Birmingham.
We offer the most affordable private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £65. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
About the Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take a comprehensive skin history and perform a full skin assessment on each patient including dermoscopy where necessary.
- Educate each patient on how to protect their skin and care for skin diseases and conditions at home.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of care for patients.
- Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competencies and NMC Code.
- Enhance the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Plan and organise own workload to meet patient’s needs.
- Ensure compliance with Clinic Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
- Work in accordance with the Clinic Plan to assist in meeting the Clinic Objectives.
- Act as patient advocate at all times.
You will work as part of a highly skilled team of clinicians to deliver a high standard of skin cancer screening, advice and care to patients. The role involves screening patients for skin cancer, with the option of supporting consultants with minor ops. Our mole cancer screening nurse will provide the first point of entry into our Dermatology Pathway.
Standard Hours: 16+ hours per week, with shifts of either 8am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary: competitive based on experience
Applications will also be considered for candidates who can work at least 3 days per week.
Our main clinic is in Central London at Soho Square.
Job Requirements & Benefits
We are looking for a competent and confident nurse who has the ability to identify normal lesions vs those that may be suspicious in patients who request a general mole check-up. We have a dedicated teledermatology service and an in-house dermatologist to support the diagnosis and removal of suspicious lesions identified during the mole screening process.
Previous dermatology experience is essential alongside experience in skin cancer screening and treatment.
Those with experience in mole screening, running nurse led clinics or those with a special interest in dermoscopy are particularly welcomed to apply for the role. This role would offer the successful candidate the opportunity to help build and develop a unique private mole cancer screening pathway.
The ability to perform other general nursing procedures as carried out in primary care such as cervical screening, ear syringing and phlebotomy would be desirable but are not essential.
Who we’re looking for
A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will be a caring and compassionate professional with at least 3 years post qualifying experience. You will be a first class communicator, enthusiastic, ambitious and eager to learn new skills and with an excellent eye for detail.
Experience: Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- NMC (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Regular social and CPD events, and an interest in business development encouraged
- 4 weeks of annual leave pro rata + bank holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.