Safety in clinics during the COVID-19 outbreak
Keeping our you and staff safe is our number one priority. In order to ensure maximum protection, we have put in place the following safeguarding steps. We remain dedicated to providing quick, and safe access to healthcare services to all our patients.
Where we can continue to operate safely, our clinics remain open for face to face appointments and specialist referrals for services such as scans and X-rays, and many of our services can be accessed remotely video. Some clinics are temporarily closed for patient safety.
New safeguarding measures
- We have implemented pre-screening questions in which we ask all patients to confirm they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 before booking a face to face appointment
- We are swab testing all employees, including doctors and clinic managers, on a fortnightly basis
- We are advising patients to arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of their appointment to minimise the spread of infection in our receptions
- All patients, doctors and other members of staff are asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Our doctors are equipped with PPE for their protection and yours
- We are sending additional communications to all patients reminding them not to attend if they have symptoms or anyone in their household has symptoms. For those with symptoms, we can provide video appointments instead.
- We have implemented frequent deep cleaning across all our clinics to ensure continued safety to patients and our people.
- We have temporarily paused spirometry (lung function) tests due to the risk of transmitting infections.
- Our physio services are suspended due to the close contact required to deliver treatment
- For patient safety, we have also temporarily withdrawn the Kenalog hay fever injection. This is due to concern over the effect of the injection on your immune system.
- In due course, we may ask to check your temperature on your arrival in our clinic prior to seeing the doctor
How we can help you during the coronavirus pandemic
Whilst our day-to-day lives have been disrupted, and seemingly will be for quite some time, we want to reassure you that we will continue to provide access to GPs when and where you need it.
Our clinics remain open and our video appointments service is also available 7 days a week. We can send prescriptions to your local pharmacy or you can have your medication delivered the next working day nationwide for just £8.99 or from £5 for same-day delivery in London.
Up to 75% of our blood tests can be done via an easy home testing kit, you can find out more here.
We are also able to offer the COVID-19 PCR swab test for those with symptoms and this will identify whether you have the disease. Discounted tests are available for all keyworkers.
Please note we are currently only offering home PCR swab tests.
We continue to provide the majority of our usual services to patients as well as access to specialist consultants.
Looking after the community
COVID-19 is particularly dangerous for those over 60 or those with weakened immune systems. It is vital that patients with a fever and/or a new, continuous cough do not come into clinics to reduce the risk of spread.
If you are unsure of whether to book a clinic appointment or video appointment, you can call our team for confidential advice.
We recognise this is an unsettling period, especially for people with mental health conditions. Should you need advice, all our doctors have mental health training and can provide support and onward referrals if needed.
It’s important during these unsettling times to be kind to yourself and make sure you’re looking after you as well as your loved ones.
Doctors surgery near me: Birmingham City, Blackfriars, Canary Wharf, Chislehurst, Holborn, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, London Bridge, Manchester, Marylebone, Old Street, Oxford Street, Paddington, Twickenham, Victoria, Wandsworth and Waterloo or you can book a Video Appointment.