If you’re planning to travel outside of the UK, you may need a vaccination to protect yourself from nasty diseases that can be found in different parts of the world.
When planning to travel make sure that you check up the country or countries that you’re visiting. Here are some things to check for:
- What time of year are you traveling? Certain diseases are more common at certain times of the year.
- Where are you staying? In general, you may be more at risk if you stay in rural areas as opposed to urban environments.
- How long are you staying for? If you stay for a prolonged period of time, you may have a greater chance to contract a disease.
- How is your health? If you have suffered or are currently suffering from illness, your chance of contraction may increase.
- What are you doing during your stay? Certain outdoor activities may increase your exposure to a disease.
If you need a vaccination, consult our partner – London Travel Clinic – 8 weeks before leaving as some vaccines need time for your body to develop immunity and could involve multiple doses spread over a couple of weeks.
However, if you do come back from travel and are worried about your health, our GP’s are happy to provide you with an after travel health check at any London clinic of our 10 central locations.