Occupational Health Secretary
Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester, and Birmingham. We are always looking for people to join us, with flexibility as needed to support our network of clinics.
We offer the most affordable private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £75. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
About the Job
Purpose of the post
Occupational Health Secretaries are responsible for completing the day to day tasks undertaken by the Secretarial Team. Secretaries must have an understanding of the services we provide as a business and be able to carry out a number of daily administrative tasks in support of the overall team effort.
Occupational Health Secretaries are responsible for checking, despatching and billing a range of reports as well as other tasks and responsibilities. The role includes all forms of communication with internal team members and clients as well as input and manipulation of data onto Maitland’s computerised occupational health database and system.
Main Duties of the Post:
In accordance with established procedures and protocols to:
Work closely with other members of the Secretarial Team including the off-site audio typist to ensure all clinical reports are dealt with efficiently
- Type, check (grammar, spelling and layout) of clinical reports and other required documentation
- Ensure that reports and information are despatched to clients with due regard to the accuracy, timeframe and consent
- To maintain the confidentiality of all information handled with regards to client and employee-related confidential and sensitive data and internal financial and business information
- Assist members of the Clinical or Management Team with administrative and secretarial support
- Enter all required data onto the database and system ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the smooth running of the business
- To deal effectively with difficult calls/queries/complaints – escalating them to the Management Team as required
Main Responsibilities of the Post Holder:
- To gain a full understanding of the services that Maitland Medical offer
- To maintain a professional, polite and helpful approach to colleagues and clients at all times
- To maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with regards to all information input onto the database
- To adhere to established office practices and protocols and to participate in training and development activities as relevant to the job role
- To ensure company policies and processes are being followed at all times and have the knowledge to complete tasks accurately
- To carry out the role of a Fire Warden and all that it entails
Hours: 9am to 6pm Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri (8 hours / day)
Lunch Break: 1 hour unpaid
Starting Hourly Rate: £10.75 an hour
Annual leave entitlement: 20 days excluding UK Bank Holidays
Location: Chislehurst, BR7 6NW
A Maitland person is……
Part of what makes Maitland an occupational health service provider of choice are the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm towards ensuring our clients’ needs and aspirations are at the heart of everything we do as a business. We aim to recruit, retain and develop dynamic individuals whose integrity, initiative and professionalism shine through. An inspiration to others, you’ll have passion and a commitment to getting things done whilst always placing our clients at the centre of everything you do.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience within a professional business environment
- A professional and helpful telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Great communication skills when dealing with internal team members as well as clients, service providers and others
- Good computer skills (word, excel, email and preferably experience of using databases)
- The ability and desire to work as part of a customer focussed team
- A responsible attitude and professional approach
- The ability to plan and prioritise your own work within set parameters
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This job description is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected and required to undertake a range of other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post and in support of efficient service delivery and effective operational management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.