Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester and Birmingham. We are always looking for people to join us, and we have a particular need for salaried GPs across all of our sites.
We offer the most convenient private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £69. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
About the Job
We are looking for a Healthcare Assistant who will assist Healthcare Professionals, to carry out a spectrum of duties. Their tasks include assisting patients with personal care and conducting clinical duties, in addition to carrying out, monitoring and recording the results of medical tests, which the Healthcare Professional will analyse.
To be successful as a Healthcare Assistant, you should possess a caring and nurturing personality.
- Maintain accurate client records and get involved in the end to end process
- Promote and encourage a healthier lifestyle in accordance with The Doctor’s Clinic Group’s current clinical policies
- Carry out clinical testing including; body composition analysis, spirometry, heart rate monitoring, phlebotomy, electrocardiograms, blood pressure.
- Create individual lifestyle action plans using motivational interviewing techniques to promote behaviour change.
- Help to ensure centre is compliant with regulations set by the CQC. For example; hygiene, confidentiality, customer service, health and safety.
Group Clinical Nurse Manager
Skills and Competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in exercise physiology/sports science and nutrition related subject essential.
- Experience in delivering health screens, and customer facing experience essential.
- Accuracy in information recording and management and working to clinical procedure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with customers, tailoring your approach to individuals
- Empathy and ability to motivate customers to make positive health changes
Equal Opportunity Employer
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.