Private GP Jobs in Central London
We are always keen to hear from GPs who would like to join our growing team. We offer salaried GP Jobs as well as sessional opportunities. If you have MRCGP (or equivalent experience) and want to practice with great patients, supportive colleagues and in an environment where intelligent customer service is far more important than bureaucracy, send us your CV now. Medically owned and run, we are set up to enable our doctors to treat patients with the generosity and compassion we would all like to lead with.
If you would like to join our team on an exciting adventure in healthcare please send your CV and covering letter with the Subject Header: “GP Jobs” email@example.com today.
In addition to always having private GP jobs available, we are always looking for exceptional, customer-service and detail orientated staff to help ensure that we continue to provide the exceptional private healthcare that we pride ourselves on. We will keep this page updated with specific posts, though we are always in need of Clinic Managers as we are growing rapidly with new locations coming on board regularly.
The main role of a Clinic Manager is to help ensure patients have an excellent experience with LDC. To ensure a smooth running of the clinic whilst managing a busy reception area, to offer support and help to the doctor deliver the best possible patient care.
Each role is part receptionist and part clinic manager. We are looking for a self-starter with the initiative to make the role their own and have the desire to develop personally and within the company as we continue to expand. You should be a multi-tasker who is organised, confident and ambitious. You should speak English fluently and enjoy providing first class customer service as you will be the first point of contact for our patients, either on the phone or in person.
- Greet patients with a smile; offer tea/coffee whilst they are waiting to be seen.
- To complete general housekeeping tasks to ensure the clinic is clean and tidy at all times.
- To report any facility issues to the Operations Manager and ensure they are resolved.
- Assist doctors with any queries throughout the day.
- To complete medication and non-medication stocks by doing weekly counts and reporting the numbers to the pharmacy assistant.
- Ordering non-medication stock from the Operations Manager and doctors laboratory.
- To check all doctors’ equipment is available for doctors to use and is working correctly.
- To complete and be accountable for daily cash and invoice reconciliation.
- To provide excellent customer service to all patients via email, telephony and verbally in clinic.
- Arranging courier collections for blood samples taken in clinic, managing that these couriers arrive in a timely manner.
- Fulfil the role of a chaperone when appropriate.
There is also opportunity for sales and marketing for those with skills in this area. There are endless opportunities for personal development and we always promote from within wherever possible. These roles would suit ‘first-job’ applicants and/or someone with some experience in these areas. Past experience with healthcare may be an advantage but not essential. Full training and support provided.
Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant work experience.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
If you want to join our team and help people get the best out of healthcare please get in touch with a cover letter and attach a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.