Occupational Health Adviser
Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester, and Birmingham. We are always looking for people to join us, with flexibility as needed to support our network of clinics.
We offer the most affordable private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £75. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
About the Job
As part of the team, you will provide specialist, robust, evidence-based occupational health and wellbeing advice in order to support staff health in accordance with national guidance, legislation and internal procedure to management/employer, employees of Maitland Medical contracts.
Pre-employment assessments and inform the employer of the individual’s suitability for the post and where appropriate to make recommendations on adjustments in line with employment law.
Strong case management skills are required for assessing fitness for work, using a biopsychosocial approach and providing advice within the clinical report that is evidence-based. The post holder may also be required to attend case conferences in line with service protocols to support a multidisciplinary approach to case management.
Triaging of E-OPAS portal work.
Risk management and health surveillance programme participation. Attending meetings to represent Maitland Medical and advise on occupational health matters to their lead contract.
Contribute narrative to monthly management information reports for customers.
Wellbeing participation in wellbeing events and advising on general wellbeing/ contributing to the monthly blog.
Dealing with occupational health clinical client and customer queries.
Flexibility to work at customer sites, as required, within working hours.
Location: Milestones, Chislehurst/ remote/ customer site
Skills and Competencies
- Registered nurse
- Occupational Health qualification or proven Occupational Health experience may be considered.
- Strong case management.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to work will all levels.
- Promoting the value of work in relation to health and encouraging a proactive approach when advising on the management of health in the workplace.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and ideally, experience of EOPAS or similar OH software systems.
- 2 years experience in Occupational Health case management.
- Counselling qualification.
- Health and Safety qualification.
- Health surveillance experience and knowledge.
- Immunisation knowledge and experience.
- Clinical audit experience.
- Experience working for an independent occupational health provider.
- Experience with complex cases and case conferences.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.