HOW TO MINIMISE SICK LEAVE THIS WINTER
The New Normal
After 18 months of living through the pandemic and the various lockdowns and restrictions that came with it, many of us are starting to return to work away from the home. While some of us are certainly excited to leave behind our at home offices, for others this new adjustment will cause feelings of anxiety.
Some of your employees may be worried about remaining safe and healthy during their commutes and days spent in a shared office space again, especially those who have been impacted by COVID-19. Their fears are not unfounded, as after such a long time in social restrictions, our immune systems will be lower this year, making us more susceptible to colds and flu.
However, at The Doctors Clinic Group we pride ourselves on empowering others to take control of their health. Therefore, here are the tips and tricks you need to make your team as safe and comfortable as possible in the office this winter season. A healthy team is a happy team, read on to learn how you can minimise sick leave.
WAYS TO MAKE YOUR OFFICE A HEALTHY SPACE
There are many steps you can take to make your workplace safe for your employees to return to. Here are our top picks:
- Consider regular COVID-19 testing for increased reassurance and confidence in the workplace
- Recommend your employees get the COVID-19 vaccination
- Provide your team with access to the flu vaccination
- Manage the number of people in close contact in the workplace
- You can achieve this by scheduling fixed teams for each day of the week
- Provide hand sanitiser throughout the office
- Encourage working back-to-back or side-to-side, avoiding face-to-face
- Ensure there is sufficient ventilation
- Encourage employees to stay at home if they have cold or flu symptoms
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF COLD AND FLU?
The symptoms of a common cold are usually:
- Runny or blocked nose
- Pain in the nose or sinus
- Sore throat
The symptoms of the flu are very similar to those of a cold; however, the onset is usually much more abrupt and severe. Symptoms can include those mentioned above, combined with:
- Fever and/or chills
- Muscle and body aches
HOW THE DOCTORS CLINIC GROUP CAN HELP
At The Doctors Clinic Group, we know that prevention is better than cure. Therefore, it is essential to ensure the health of your team before they become ill. Our Vital Health Screens identify and target areas of concern and measure any underlying health risks which may make your employees more vulnerable to illness. By addressing any issues as early as possible, you can minimise sick leave.