bare feet | podiatrist | foot problems | London Doctors Clinic


Podiatrist for common foot problems

We offer a range of podiatry services at our Oxford Street clinic. Book an appointment today to see our in-clinic podiatrist, available every Tuesday from 6pm – 8pm.

What is the difference between a podiatrist and a chiropodist?

A podiatrist and chiropodist are the same and cover the same treatments for foot problems – although the term podiatrist is more commonly used.

A podiatrist is an expert in the medical specialism and can help with common foot problems such as:

• Corns and callouses
• Ingrown/ difficult toenails
• Verrucas
• Fungal foot infections
• Infected toenails
• Diabetic foot/ ulcers
Heel pain and foot pain

What happens in the consultation?

In the consultation our fully experienced podiatrist will ask you about the problems you’re experiencing. They’ll be able to investigate, suggest treatment and if needed, carry out minor procedures such as nail surgery. Your appointment will range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on the treatment you need.

What services do you offer?

We have a range of services on offer ranging from nail care to diabetic foot care. All prices are inclusive of the consultation and treatment.

Complete medical foot care

30-minute appointment – £100

This is an overall foot care treatment that covers the following:

• Pathological nail care
• Fungal nails
• Callous care
• Corn enucleation

Ingrown toenails treatment without local anaesthetic

Without local anaesthetic: 60-minute appointment – £300

With local anaesthetic: 60-minute appointment – £385

This is the treatment for ingrowing toenails plus resection. If the ingrown toenail is considered minor, it can be treated without anaesthetic. Should your ingrown toenail be very painful or if you have a low pain threshold, we can treat the ingrown toenail with anaesthetic.

Verruca removal involving surgical/chemical cauterization without local anaesthetic

Without local anaesthetic: 60-minute appointment – £150

With local anaethetic: 60-minute appointment – £350

This treatment either involves a surgical or chemical based removal of verrucas. You can choose whether to have this simple procedure with or without anaesthetic, depending on the size of the verruca. 

Biomechanical Assessment or Gait analysis plus insoles

45-minute appointment – £200 (£150 for assessment – insole charge separate depending on prescription)

Our podiatrist will analyse how your body moves when you’re walking or running to assess whether you need medical insoles. This assessment is particularly common if you have flat feet.

Diabetic foot assessment/foot screen

30-minute appointment – £100

If you have diabetes, you are at risk of having foot problems. This assessment covers how your feet move and a treatment plan to prevent future foot pain and problems.

Diabetic wound care

Book a 30-minute appointment – £100

Being diabetic can mean that wounds heal less quickly and are prone to infection. We can also dispense antibiotics in-clinic.

Diabetic wound care redressing appointment

30-minute appointment – £85

Get your wound redressed using saline-soaked gauze dressings for a moist wound environment.

Vascular foot check (ABPI)

30-minute appointment – £100

An ABPI is a useful investigation for detecting peripheral arterial disease. An ABPI measurement is useful if you have lower limb pain from sports or exercise, possible rest pain or lower limb ulcers. 

Book Now

For more information, take a look at the following articles:

Foot pain – NHS
Foot problems – Diabetes UK
Foot pain – WebMD